Salary is $50,000 to $60,000 plus depending on experience. 4 days on 4 days off scheduled.
The purpose of Maintenance Control is to provide trained, qualified, and authorized personnel in a central location to manage the off site maintenance and scheduling of maintenance for K2 aircraft in accordance with K2 manuals. The Maintenance Control facility is located at K2 main base at Willow Run Airport, Ypsilanti, MI.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a continuous liaison with all outstation maintenance facilities, ensuring timely reporting of current total aircraft times, and notable information as it pertains to inspections, time changes, work requests, etc.
- Provides technical assistance to K2 maintenance employees and contract agencies.
- Authorizes, assigns and maintains a daily log of MEL, CDL and carry over controlled items. Reviews these on a daily basis to insure parts (if needed) or technical assistance will be available in order to make repairs in a reliable and timely fashion. Insure all troubleshooting is being logged in log book and also transferred to KC2 form M-17A.
- De-brief layover flight crews or ride on mechanic at the end of the day flying.
- Coordinates with Flight Operations, the movement of aircraft system wide as it pertains to maintenance scheduling activities, maintenance actions and required down times.
- Project spares requirements for all rotable components and appliances and follow up on applicable delivery dates.
- Approve minor work at non-maintenance stations.
- Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance, all aspects of maintenance performed on K2 aircraft on a daily basis via verbal reports, electronic means (i.e. turnovers, delay reports, or out of service reports), or any means requested of the Director of Maintenance.
- Schedule the accomplishment of required maintenance activities to comply with the company’s requirements. This includes complying with DMI’s, CDL’s, C/O’s, repair orders and A check. Also insuring all parts necessary will meet up with A/C in a timely manner to perform said maintenance.
- Track approved Advisory Notices for compliance within given time frame.
- Assist in preparing paperwork packages for inspections or engine changes as needed.
- Has authority to make final decision from line maintenance perspective regarding the course of action required to facilitate repair. The Director of Maintenance and/or the Chief Inspector may override this decision.
- During absences (vacation, illness, etc.) the Director of Maintenance delegates an alternate administrator of equal qualification with the authority and responsibility of this position.
- Collect, analyze and provide data required per K2 CAS procedures.
- In the absence of a trained and qualified K2 Maintenance Controller, the Director of Maintenance will assume the function of Maintenance Controller.
- Ensure timely completion of Repair Order form M-34 with out-station and maintenance base personnel.
- Obtain all supporting data for M-34’s issued for forecasted maintenance inspections.
Maintenance Controllers should have a minimum of 1 year diversified experience in maintenance of large fixed wing aircraft, and a valid A&P license.