The First Officer is responsible to the Captain to assist in the safe and efficient conduct of the flight. In the event of the incapacitation of the Captain, the First Officer will assume command.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- To carry out such duties concerning the flight, in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures, including procedures, limitations and performance relating to the specific aircraft type, as are allocated by the Captain.
- To confirm the safe navigation of the aircraft, maintaining a continuous and independent check upon both the geographical position of the aircraft and its safe terrain clearance.
- Safely and properly conduct the flight in compliance with the current flight plan and the Captain's instructions when the Captain is not at the controls
- To volunteer such advice, information and assistance to the Captain, as may contribute favorably towards the safe and efficient conduct of the flight.
- To seek and receive such information and/or explanation from the Captain, as may be necessary to enable the First Officer to fulfill his/her function.
- Report safety concerns, irregularities, incidents, and accidents to the Director of Safety, if such has not been accomplished by other crewmembers.
- Review and revise manuals onboard aircraft to insure currency and availability.
FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, a first-class FAA medical certificate, and current valid passport and drivers license.
First Officer - $45,000 yearly + Housing Provided.
- Vacation/sick time
- Per diem
- 401K with company match
- BCBS Medical Vision/Dental/Life Insurance Benefits and more