This seasoned and resourceful HR professional will focus heavily on staffing temporary and permanent operational positions, onboarding, and employee relations. At times this will be high volume activity. He/She will partner closely with operational leaders and employees to ensure staffing supports production goals. Responsible for ensuring all policies, processes, and federal, state, and local regulations are adhered to consistently. This person will occasionally provide back up support to other members of the HR team.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR/Admin functions and duties
- Continuously improve HR/Admin practices and procedures
- Review and update company job descriptions
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Advise managers and team members on policies
- Assists managers with performance improvement process and progressive discipline
- Files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, applicant tracking and logs to conform to EEO, state and other federal regulations.
- Administers the I-9 process via E-Verify.
- Conducts New Hire Orientation training including material development, tracking and effectiveness.
- Oversees that all necessary paperwork, leave tracking, management reports, workers compensation claims, and return to work programs is completed
- Completes initial reporting, accident investigations, communication work restrictions, claim adjuster correspondence, tracking and claim review analysis for settlements
- Creates termination packages, conducts exit interviews and completes assigned terminations, ensures all termination paperwork is complete per SOX requirements
- Ensures personnel files are maintained appropriately and all appropriate information is filed here including performance documents and discipline documents
- Communicates to all candidates or new hires healthcare programs.
- Helps to coordinate open enrollment, health fairs, and other benefits activities
- Helps to administer and coordinate leave program, workers compensation COBRA and other claims activities.
- Assist in planning company events
- Other HR/Admin related duties as assigned such as filing, policy administration, conducting audits, assisting with the recruitment process, assisting employee relation matters, creating and updating reports
Required Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skill sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and data management skills
- Leadership, ethical practice, and management skills
- Must have knowledge of employment regulations with the DOL and EEOC
- Demonstrated success in partnering with frontline leadership
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced and constantly changing environment; must be able to handle large volumes of activity at certain times of the year.
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and practices plus other government compliance regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills; the ability to build and grow relationships across the organization and partner with HR team members in headquarters
- Resourceful and solution-driven; has an ability to operate with limited information and/or direction
- Minimum of 5 years human resources experience is preferred.
- Admin/HR experience is required
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources is preferred